What is Dry Ice?
Dry ice is the solid form of carbon dioxide (CO2). It's called "dry ice" because it does not melt like wet ice. Instead, dry ice converts into carbon dioxide gas. Because dry ice is extremely cold ( -109°F/-78.5°C), non-toxic, and completely dry, it is commonly used as an expendable
refrigerant to ship frozen food or medical products or to cool materials during production. The other major use of dry ice is for dry ice blast cleaning, an effective and environmentally friendly way to clean industrial equipment.Custom cut for your convenience.
Dry Ice Saftey Tips
- Use gloves, towels or pot holders to move dry ice.
- Use in a Ventilated location.
- Children should be supervised by an adult when using dry ice.
The temerature of dry ice is -109F (-79C), cold enough to freeze skin cells and cause an injury similar to a burn. Always handle dry ice with protective gloves or a towel.
Dri ice gives off CO2. which may cause difficulty breating or suffocation. If dry ice has been in a closed vehicle or room, open the doors and windows before entering. Leave the area immediately if you have any difficulty breathing, In a vehicle, transport dry ice in the trunk or with windows down to provide adequate ventilation.
Could Cause Suffocation
Dry ice changes to CO2 gas as it sublimates, causing a lack of oxygen. Only use dry ice in open or well-ventilated areas. Do not store in confined spaces such as vehicles or garages and never store near an area where people sleep as suffocation could occur
Do Not Touch
Dry ice is a skin and eye irritant. Avoid contact with skin, mouth, eyes and clothing. Dry ice will cause severe burns.
Do Not Eat
Dry ice is harmful if eaten or swallowed. If ingested, seek medical help immediately.
Do not place in Airtight Containers
Airtight containers may explode as dry ice converts to CO2 gas
Story dry ice in an insulated contianer but not one that is airtight. As dryice sublimates from a solid to CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) gas, it will cause an airttight contianer to expand and possibly explode.