As temperatures drop, there is nothing better than a warm, cozy fire. And as the pandemic drags on, we’re all faced with the reality of finding ways to continue our socially distant get-togethers during the winter.
Extending the Outdoor Season with A Cozy Fire
On a cold winter night, you can still enjoy entertaining guests outside with the help of a firepit, outdoor fireplace, or chiminea. In order to keep everyone comfortable here are a few tips:
- Place your firepit or fireplace in a central location with chairs all around it so that everyone gets the benefit of the heat
- Serve warm, hearty foods like soups, chilis, and stews
- Consider hot drinks like Irish coffee, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, mulled wine, or hot toddies
- Use outdoor rugs and cushions to keep everyone comfortable and warm
- Purchase disposable hand and foot warmers to give out
- Provide plenty of warm blankets or Sherpas for your guests
- Consider a fun activity that involves the fire like roasting marshmallows or making food with skewers
Choose Kiln-Dried Firewood
When a tree is cut down, it’s full of moisture which is not optimal for burning. Trying to burn the wood from a newly fallen tree will result in a fire that is both difficult to ignite and to stay lit, and will produce a fire with a lot of smoke. That’s why freshly cut wood is frequently split, stacked, and then left to dry for 6 months to 2 years. It is a long, tedious process and results in dirty, buggy wood.
At Apple Ice, we have a better solution. We use firewood that has been kiln dried. Kiln-dried firewood is dried in a special oven called a kiln which removes the moisture. It results in cleaner, better burning fires.
Here are the advantages of our kiln-dried firewood:
- Produces less smoke
- Cleaner because it has been stored indoors
- Burns better
- Ignites easily
How to Buy
Apple Ice Kiln Dried Firewood is available for pickup or delivery and is sold in the following ways:
- By the bundle (wrapped in plastic with a carrying handle)
- By the pallet
- In cords and half cords.
Call 1-800-ICE-TO-GO for pricing and delivery options.